Australian Indigenous Law Review
The Australian Indigenous Law Review ('AILR') is unique in Australian legal publishing. It brings current issues in Australian law and policy together with developments affecting Indigenous peoples around the world. The AILR has been published since 1996, with Volumes 1 through to 10 published as the Australian Indigenous Law Reporter. A full-text archive of these volumes, along with more recent editions, are available here.
Search past issues:
The above search takes you to the AustLII database, or alternatively you can browse AILR content on Informit and HeinOnline.
Note: Informit and HeinOnline have current issues available immediately whilst AustLII currently has a 12 month or longer time lag.
Call for Papers
The AILR is currently welcoming submissions to be considered for inclusion in upcoming issues. Submissions can be on any legal topic of special relevance to Indigenous peoples, in Australia and around the world.
To read about how you can contribute to this publication please refer to our contribution page.
A 12 month subscription to the AILR for two issues is $220.00 for Australian subscribers and $240 for international subscribers (this includes GST). To subscribe using our secure online form please click here.
Email: email@example.com Ph. +61 2 9385 2252.
Student editors are given the opportunity through a law internship with the Indigenous Law Centre to participate directly in the production process for the AILR. As a Law elective, these positions are credited (6 UOC). To learn more please refer to the internship overview.
The current members of the editorial panel are:
• Thalia Anthony BA LLB PhD (Sydney)
• Toni Bauman BA (Macquarie)
• Sean Brennan BA LLB LLM (ANU)
• Ngiare Brown BMed (Newcastle) MPHTM (James Cook) FRACGP (Aust Coll GP)
• Claire Charters BA LLB (Hons) (Otago) LLM (NYU)
• Donna Craig BA LLM (Osgoode Hall)
• Kyllie Cripps BA (Hons) (South Aust) PhD (Monash)
• Chris Cunneen BA DipEd (UNSW) PhD (Sydney)
• Dalee Sambo Dorough MALD (Tufts) PhD (British Columbia)
• Brendan Edgeworth LLB (Hons) MA (Sheffield)
• Tim Goodwin BA LLB (Hons) (ANU)
• Brenda Gunn BA (Manitoba) JD (Toronto) LLM (Arizona)
• Jackie Hartley BA (Hons) LLB (UNSW) LLM (Arizona)
• Samantha Joseph BA LLB (UNSW)
• Peter Jull BA (Toronto)
• Patricia Lane BA LLM (Sydney)
• Terri Libesman BA LLB (Macquarie)
• Erin Mackay BA LLB (UNSW)
• Hannah McGlade LLB LLM (Murdoch)
• Garth Nettheim LLB (Sydney) AM (Tufts)
• Keryn Ruska LLB (Melbourne) GDLP (ANU)
• Sonia Smallacombe BA DipEd (Monash) BA (Hons) MA (Melbourne)
• Prue Vines BA MA (Sydney) DipEd (Syd Teach Coll) LLB (UNSW)